Meet the Mars Challenge 2019
Meet the Mars Challenge invites 2nd through 8th graders to identify a problem, challenge, or need that
our Earthling pioneers of the Next Great Frontier, Planet MARS, will face in their new settlement and try to solve it!
Prizes to be Determined
Student Challenge 2019 Registration
You will be notified within 48 hours if your online submission form has been accepted.
Thank you to the following “Meet the MARS Challenge” judges who are graciously donating their time and expertise to judge the student’s projects:
- Mr. Tom Crowley – Managing Director of Key Bank Private Wealth
- Mr. Mark Gordon – Chief Economic Development for Butler County
- Ms. Autumn Heckathorn – Manager of Western Butler County Sewer Authority
- Dr. Belinda Richardson – Vice President of Academic Affairs at Butler County Community College
- Ms. Lisa Weinzetl – Compliance Manager of the Office of Planning, Resource Management and Assessment at Slippery Rock University
- Dr. Roy Weitzell – Aquatic Laboratory Director of Sustainability of Chatham University
- Mr. Rick Zika – Department Manager of AK Steel
Thank you FirstEnergy Foundation for the very generous donation to Meet the MARS Challenge! Your support enables us to provide the prizes for the winning entries.
Meet the Mars Challenge Video
What is the challenge?
Letter to Parents of 2nd-8th Graders
2019 Fair Rules
Judge’s Score Sheet